Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cake Makin




Well Starting in January 2008 I started making Birthday Cakes for my siblings and parents as their gift from me. It gives me more practice, and it gives my mom a break from having to make them. Doc's Birthday is January 28th so I made him the first "from scratch" cake. So far this year I have made cakes for Doc, Kristen, Dad, Tyler, Britt, Jeff, Aunt Sandy, and Reagan. Plus cakes in between for holidays. I guess for Jim-Bob I'll have to either see if he will come up, or I guess I could try and ship one! It usually stresses me out and takes me hours to complete (that is if it has a theme) but to make the birthday special for that person makes it all worth while. The only "extreme" cakes I made this year so far is Tyler's and Reagan's. I made a pirate ship cake for Tyler and a Guitar Cake that resembles his own guitar. Kristen helped me with the little stuff with both cakes, but the little stuff is what takes SO LONG! So thanks a lot to Kristen. Now I'm starting to get those comments: "How come I just got a regular layered cake!" HA, because I'm not that crazy yet! Here are a few photos of Reagan's and Tyler's themed cakes.

1 comment:

Jasey said...

You are good! Will you please come and make Benson a dirtbike cake for his #2 birthday. Not #2 like poop but #2 like his is two. This is an art I would LOVE to get good at! No i didn't get your e-mail.